I made a ricotta-based gelato today, with a flavor reminiscent of cannoli filling.
|The Richest Gelato|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A velvety, rich gelato made with ricotta. This is extremely dense and you will only want a little bit!
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup cream or half & half
- 1/8 cup Ramazzotti Amaro
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp each lemon & orange zest
- 2 egg yolks
- Stir together ricotta, half & half & amaro until ricotta is smooth (no lumps)
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until eggs are fully incorporated
- Add to ice cream maker and mix according to ice cream maker instructions
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
This was so incredibly dense and thick and velvety smooth; I have never made a gelato like this before. I could inhale the whole thing, except that it’s too rich for that!!!